Friday, 30 November 2012
I've been haunting my local Op Shops (Thrift Shops) on a daily basis with a list of 'materials', things I need to make Christmas presents with. While I've only managed to cross one thing off my list other things keep finding their way home with me. Like this fabby hand crocheted table cloth and vintage doilies in their original packaging and other stuff...
I must not, I must not...hoard!
Thursday, 29 November 2012
|Solitary Sailboat, Nelson - New Zealand|
The other day I was home alone at the Cowboys and removed a very cool, but badly faded 3D Art print so I could use the wall as a backdrop for photographing the vintage clothing I have for sale. When the Cowboy got home from his day job I apologised for removing the print. He was not bothered about rehanging it due to the fading. I suggested he replaced the 3D print with one of his own photo's.
So he did! We measured the frame, I found a good quality print shop online and the next day he came home from his day job with the enlarged print of my absolute favorite of all his photography work, the solitary sailboat taken in Nelson, New Zealand. We took the back of the 3D art print apart, trimmed the new print, resealed the backing and the frame and voila - perfection!
So there you are, always look to how something in your home can be re purposed before disposing of it!
You can read about how this photo came to be taken here!
In Other News:
- It was all about daughters at the Castle last night, the Wasbands god-daughter was here for dinner, my god-daughter was here, my god-daughters cousin was here, my upstairs neighbor and her daughter were here and the BEST daughter of all, my Princess was home from her Daddy's.
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
My Cowboy is participating in Movember and has grown a fine handlebar mustache and matching sideboards/burns, having started with a clean shaven face on the 1st of November. I have to say it's not my favorite look for him but hey all for a good cause.
The cause being the raising of funds and awareness for men's health issues, specifically prostate cancer and depression. I am in full support of Movember,not only because it is a worthy cause, but because of the personal connections I have, my Step-Father had prostate cancer and I have been suffered from depression in the past.
Tuesday, 27 November 2012
Day Seven of my Pinterest Challenge was on Sunday, yes two days behind! I tried out this Pin, "How to make your skin glow". It was easy, 4 TBSP of baking soda mixed with one of water. It was a bit hard to apply because it was crumbly so I did it over my hand basin, which was a bonus as I used the bits that fell in the basin to clean it afterwards! It also crumbled into my mouth so if you try it I recommend keeping your mouth shut! haha
After a few minutes my skin started to tingle and once I rinsed the 'mask' off my skin felt tight, so very good for toning! I'm not sure if my skin glowed like hers because I'm not using her makeup haha, however my skin did look nice in the photo below, where I am wearing My makeup and trying to photograph my teeth! haha
In other news:
- The Cowboy bought me Windows 8 for my laptop - I'm loving it, the apps and organising my tiles!
- I'm selling my vintage clothing collection - you can see them here.
Monday, 26 November 2012
This could be a hard challenge to keep up with, I'm behind already, not with the doing of the challenges but the posting of them! Anyway Day Six of my challenge which I think was two days ago is this cute blackboard Christmas greeting.
Here is my lame attempt, done in a hurry as I am away from home for a couple of days!
I am so going to 'fix' it up when I get home, well actually I'm going to rub it out and do it again!
In Other News:
- My teeth (see Day Five)are yet to look whiter, but they do feel cleaner! haha
- Why do I have an urge to swallow when I have Hydrogen Peroxide in my mouth - so not good!
Saturday, 24 November 2012
I used to have beautiful white teeth but now they are stained from excessive tea drinking and non excessive red wine drinking!
I'm hoping this little tip I found on Pinterest will work and save me from an expensive dentist visit. I bought my hydrogen peroxide from my local pharmacy, it was a bargain $8 or close to that. There will be no before photo's cos that would be just hideous, a close up of my mouth haha But I'll post how it goes in 7 days times thereabouts.
In Other News:
- While I snoozed this morning the Princess made her own brunch, Pizza! I tell you this girl loves Pizza so much!
- The Princess and I hired 'Mirror, Mirror' to watch tonight, we have treats,Schweppes Duet, Sour Cream and Chives potato chips, white chocolate and ice cream - yum!
Friday, 23 November 2012
It's Thanksgiving in America. I wish we had a Thanksgiving celebration in New Zealand, seems like so much to give thanks for, like...
- my beautiful Princess,
- the Cowboy who I adore,
- my supportive friends and family,
- and four weeks in a row of minimal pain, the first time in 16 months.
I think next year I am going to start my own annual Thanksgiving celebration.
The Princess had her favuorite dinner in honour of Thanksgiving... pizza...cheese...double cheese...trust me I wish it had been turkey, I love turkey!
|The Princess's Room|
In Other News:
- I can't get passed feeling completely exhausted, guess I still haven't unwound from the big university year I have had, big year all round actually.
- The Cowboy played in a corporate golf tournament yesterday, he got 'Closest to the Hole' and won a trophy and a chicken. Actually it is $250 in Westfield Shopping Vouchers, not a chicken but I always joke about frozen chickens being golf prizes - haha
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
|sourced from http://jenhewett.blogspot.co.nz|
No more recipes - we ate nice plain food tonight!
Day Three of my challenge is motivation to get my house in order and get getting working on the pile of projects I have got buzzing around in my head.
Lately I have found the long to do lists I usually make way too daunting,I'm hoping this sticky note idea might work for me though!
I have used a clipboard for my version of it and have just started with what I need to do to get each room in my apartment up to scratch! I've got so much more to add to it but it's a start! Tomorrow that is! haha
In other News:
- I passed the three university papers I did this semester with A grade passes.
- I have 10 weeks practical experience to do at the beginning of 2013 and then my degree is finished!
- I want to paint that ugly clipboard - might add a sticky note to do that - haha
- I'm happy!
Tuesday, 20 November 2012
|sourced from http://carzycook.com/|
Day Two of my Pinterest challenge to myself is another recipe. I cooked Super Simple, Super Spicy Mongolian Beef.
Super spicy would be the word here, I wish I had read that part of the recipe title properly. It was so spicy, the Cowboy and I ended up drowning it in Soy Sauce and eating it with bread and butter to try and tone down the spice! If you like spice you will love this, if you don't it is still a great recipe but use about 1/4 of the suggested amount - which is what I will be doing when I make it again - which I will make it again because it is super easy and could be super tasty!
In Other News:
- I went to a Career Bootcamp today at the University, I motivated to start my CV.
- My mouth is still burning.
- The Cowboy's mouth is still burning.
- Jellytip ice-cream might help the burning.
Monday, 19 November 2012
|sourced from http://www.realsimple.com|
I've made a few crafty things and cooked some recipes from my boards, justifying my happy pinning!
For the next 30 days I'm giving myself a little pinning challenge, each day I have to make, use, do something from my boards. Today I've cooked cooked Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon Garlic Green Beans.
Really tasty, I would definitely make this again but do a few things differently. I used boneless/skinless chicken breasts, the recipe says to use boned with skin chicken which I would use next time. The Cowboy's oven door doesn't seal properly so it took a lot longer to cook than the recipe stated. All in all very yummy though.
In other news:
- I've finished university for the year.
- I've got lots of blog updating to do.
- I've got a project list a mile long.
Sunday, 4 November 2012
Thursday, 1 November 2012
I've been Missing in Action!
Seriously neglecting my blog while getting on with some important life stuff, in no particular order:
- University Assignments
- School Holiday Fun with the Princess
- My Birthday
- A Trip with the Cowboy
- Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Programme
- Trade Me
- Drama Course
and goodness knows what else!
I have another two weeks of a heavy assignment load and then university is done for the year! I'll be back blogging after that.
p.s. Happy Halloween ☺
p.p.s. heartfelt sympathy to those affected by Super Storm Sandy ♥